2013 Washington Heritage Conference
"The Art of Heritage"
Workshops February 4, 2013—State Capital Museum Olympia
Conference February 5, 2013—Red Lion Hotel Olympia
Arts & Heritage Day February 6, 2013—State Capitol Olympia
The Washington State Historical Society is partnering with the Washington State Arts Commission, the Washington State Arts Alliance and Washington Museum Association for the 2013 Heritage Conference "The Art of Heritage" with workshops at the State Capital Museum in Olympia on Monday, February 4, 2013 and Coxnference at the Red Lion Hotel in Olympia on Tuesday, February 5, 2013. Online registration for the conference and workshops, schedule, and room reservation information is at: www.washingtonhistory.org/heritageServices/conferences.aspx. Deadline for registration is January 30, 2013.
Workshops on Monday, February 4, 2013 at the State Capital Museum in Olympia. ($30.00 for WSHS members; $35.00 non-members for each workshop)
- Collections Care with WSHS Staff (Morning)
- Effective Grant Writing with representatives from Building for the Arts, Humanities Washington and Heritage Capital Project Funds (Afternoon)
Conference on February 5, 2013, at the Red Lion Hotel in Olympia. ($50.00 for WSHS members; $55.00 non-members)
- Learn how to work effectively with elected officials.
- Get a primer on implementing social media.
- Receive an update on lodging tax and ways local heritage groups and communities use the funds.
- Find out about initiatives to build new audiences for arts and heritage;
- See how other arts and heritage groups have used state grants
- Get some tips on board development;
- Enjoy a special session on "Museums, Arts and Historic Sites Synergy."
The spotlight event will be a noon keynote address on February 5th by noted author Carol Kammen, American Association of State and Local History columnist who writes "On Doing Local History." She will speak on "Clio and Her Sisters: Integrating Arts and Heritage."
For more information on the conference and workshops, contact Shanna Stevenson, email@example.com.
Attendees are also invited to attend the February 5th Arts & Heritage Reception from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the State Capital Museum sponsored by the Washington Museum Association in partnership with the Washington State Arts Alliance. RSVP for the reception to Susan Rohrer, firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2013. Download invitation.
Join Arts & Heritage Day at the Legislature on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 starting with the 7:00 a.m. Heritage Caucus in Rooms ABC in the Cherberg Building at the Capitol in Olympia. For more information, see: wsartsalliance.com